A young illustration student that has a passion for Gothic fashion and fantasy, she has one of the most interesting styles I’ve come across so far.
What’s your name?
– I go by Manic Moth
Where are you from?
– I’m from Germany
Describe your style:
– My style is influenced by all kind of different Gothic styles but I would say that my main source of inspiration is fantasy literature. I love all kind of dark fantasy creatures and I try to reflect their morbid beauty in my style. For that I try to achieve a costume-like look that’s inspired by these creatures. Aside from fantasy I am also often inspired by historical art and fashion.
How did you become interested in your style of fashion?
– I was never really interested in “normal” fashion which changes all the time. Since I was a child I read fantasy literature and I was very interested in history as well. I thought that everything I read in those books or saw on old paintings seemed much more interesting than the fashion you can usually see in the shops. Later I got into Gothic music which is a genre that influenced me very much. I loved the morbid and melancholic beauty of the music as well as the Gothic looks.
Where are your favorite places to shop for your style? Or do you make your own clothing?
– I can’t name any specific shops where I mostly buy my clothes since I rarely buy something new. There are some German websites though, like kleiderkreisel.de where you can trade your clothes against the clothes someone else doesn’t want anymore and I found some really nice pieces there. I also got a lot of stuff at lingerie stores that I just wear as or over my regular clothes. Some of my outfits I sewed myself, but there I mostly redesign stuff I bought rather than creating something new from scratch. When it comes to shoes I would recommend the brand Demonia.
Who/what are your influences?
– Fantasy, history, Gothic music and style.
What does your fashion taste say about you?
– I don’t know if it really says something about me besides that I love the dark beauty of things and that I hear Gothic music although I would hope that it creates something magical compared to all the typical fashion that is aimed at selling you goods instead of letting you create and fulfill yourself.
I loved learning about her out-of-this-world diverse styles.
You can find her on her Tumblr: Manic-Moth
If you have a style you’d like to show off, please check out the “Want to be featured here?” link at the top of the page!